Post-Extubation Dysphagia in COVID-19 Patients and the Role of the IOPI
Hosted by: Ed Bice, M.Ed., SLP-CCC
When COVID-19 patients are removed from ventilators, speech pathologists may be asked to provide swallowing assessments. This webinar provides a review of the literature concerning risk factors and characteristics of post-extubation dysphagia. Assessment considerations will be discussed. In addition, treatment approaches concerning the role of the IOPI will be explored.
IOPI SERIES 3
With the IOPI System you can:
- Objectively measure and document lip and tongue strength
- Compare patient data with norms
- Set exercise parameters using the principles of exercise science
- Measure and document patient improvement and evaluate program effectiveness
- Patients may exercise from the comfort of their home
Compare the Pro versus Trainer.
IOPI Users Are:
OCCUPATION: OMT • Dentist • Orthodontist • SLP • Occupational Therapist • Physical Therapist • Dental Hygienist, Researcher
FACILITY: University • Skilled Nursing Facility • Home Health Agencies • Hospitals (including VA)
DEPARTMENT: Neurology • Oncology • Rehabilitation • Head and Neck Surgery